13 Nisan 2010 Salı

15. shooting an elephant:))

First of all when I started to read that story,I questioned it's title and then at the end of the story an elephant killed. It was bad because elephant's dying part was so detailed I guess. I knew that elephant could have hatred.They have memories about their owner and they can punish their owner. I guess that is why Indian people have respect for them. Elephants are smart animals:)) They know how to act to people. Also, George Orwell is a kind of writer that explains the real situations on animals by doing metaphors.( please check animal farm:) He uses some symbols to explain the real situation. At the end of story may be he did not want to kill the elephant but he did.

And I liked to share some different informations about elephants:

1)Elephant trunks can get very heavy. It is not uncommon to see elephants resting them over a tusk!
2)Elephants cry, play, have incredible memories, and laugh!
3)Elephants are sensitive fellow animals where if a baby complains, the entire family will rumble and go over to touch and caress it.
4)Elephants have greeting ceremonies when a friend that has been away for some time returns to the group.
5)Elephants grieve at a loss of a stillborn baby, a family member, and in many cases other elephants.
6)Elephants don't drink with their trunks, but use them as "tools" to drink with. This is accomplished by filling the trunk with water and then using it as a hose to pour it into the elephant's mouth.
79Interestingly, the Asian elephant is more closely related to the extinct mammoth than to the African elephant
These informations retrieved from http://elephant.elehost.com/About_Elephants/about_elephants.htm.

I found these informations very interesting and useful.:))

3 yorum:

  1. Shooting *by* elephant..? or shooting *an* elephant? :)

    What do you think the elephant in the story represents?

    YanıtlaSil
  2. I forgat to write some details sorry for that:))I think elephant represents the powerless of people.:D by the way I shooting an elephant is right title why I remembered like that I have no idea:))

    YanıtlaSil
  3. I mean being powerless or desperate of people.

    YanıtlaSil