The week which we past and in the spring break, we read the book which is called The Bluest Eye. It was a great book because I think writer wants to show how people are divided into two parts in their country and how it affects the people who are discriminated from other which they think they are superior one.The part, which Pecola was delivering her father's baby and she got the birth but after a while she lost her baby and then she became mad, is most effective part in the book, I guess because there was writer themes, which are discrimination, beauty and lack of love. For discrimination we can see the part of there was a gossip about Pecola and her father. That gossip affected Pecola I guess because she became mad and she had an imaginary friend. She told her all problems to her imaginary friend.We can see that froming of imaginary friend causes of lack of love and discrimination because she had nobody to talk with her. The gossip affected her friend's relationship with her in terms of bad way because they began not to talk with Pecola.
Meanwhile Claudia could not escape from thinking of Pecola's baby because Pecola was ugliest one and her baby would be ugly than her and that's why Claudia was waiting the birth impatiently.When the birth was happened and the baby was born prematurely but after a while baby was death. I think there is a metaphor because of Pecola had blue eyes and she felt that she was beautiful but she had the thing which she could not have and she was punished because of that thing.In the final part of the book, there is not any saying about Claudia.
This is my first interpretations about the book, the other parts would be I'm going to talk about.:)
I wasn't quite clear about your interpretation of why Claudia was awaiting the birth impatiently...
YanıtlaSilI understood that Claudia was impatient for the birth because she tought that Pecola would have ugliest baby in the world and Claudia would feel beautiful herself. That is why she is impatient to see Pecola's baby. I hope I understood right.:)
YanıtlaSilWell no, I don't think so..remember that Claudia and Frieda are friends with Pecola. Claudia wants the baby to live because she wants to "counteract the universal love of white baby dolls, Shirley Temples and Maureen Peals" (p. 190). It is the gossiping townspeople who think Pecola's baby will be ugly and that is doesn't deserve to live. Claudia and Frieda are the only ones who think it has a right to be born.
YanıtlaSil