18 Mayıs 2010 Salı

25. Precious

It was a great movie. That film is about a 16 years girl who is living in Harlem with her mother. She had second child from her father. As Pecola she had a child and raped from her father and also she is ugly( she is thinking like that). She I mean Precious wanted to have white skin and brunette hair.( there is a scene that she is brushing her hair and she is looking at her image actually imagination) She has some problems with her mother because her mother does not like her I think. Her mother behaves her daughter as a thing which helps to continue of her life even we can understand she says when Precious and Mariah Carey's characater have a meeting with Precious's mother, she says that I wanted to have my husband's whole love but Precious had that love and who is going to love me?please say... When I heard that, I just shocked because she is thinking herself even her husband raped her daughter!!!!!

There is a woman who changes Precious's life, I liked her because Precious does not have self- esteem before she met with her. She could understand she can handle with the problems. Besides that Precious wanted to be a "star" like Pauline. Also I recall that there is a scene which she is looking her photographs and photographs are talking with her as Pecola has imaginary friend.

4 yorum:

  1. It's amazing how many similarities there are between this film and the novel, isn't it? The first time I watched the film, I missed that scene where Precious looks into the mirror and sees the white woman looking back at her, but after reading The bluest eye again this semester, that scene really stood out when I watched the film for the second time.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Yes there is many similarities between novel and movie:) I was suprised while I was watching because I was not expecting.By the way when I saw that scene, Precious was looking into miror,I recalled the scene that Pecola was eating the candy.:))

    YanıtlaSil
  3. ah yes, that is definitely a good comparison..Mary Jane's image is like a 'mirror' to Pecola.

    YanıtlaSil