I realized that writer tries to show us by giving the events before and then she gave us why characters such as Cholly and Pauline behave like that because first we see the events and then we read their story and understand that is why they're acting like that.
I think writer does that because she wants to create a picture of having streotyping or how having negative ideas could affect people. If we consider that information which I realized may be you can see that too. You know black people suffered so much and also they still have some problems because many people have an idea about black people. I think it still affects people's behaviour in America.
In briefly, I realized that first you read the events and with having these informations you could have bad impression but actually it would not be right because they are not like that. I mean If you have some ideas for other people, you could affect from that ideas and after a while you could understand these ideas are bad because they have some gaps. These gaps would fulfilled only your feelings about them.
Writer uses that gaps and she tries to show that thing is bad because many people suffered from that ideas in different ways like Cholly.
Yes, Morrison provides the back stories of the characters in order to build sympathy for them in the minds of the readers.
YanıtlaSil:)
YanıtlaSil