22 Mart 2010 Pazartesi

10. A party down at the square

While I was reading the story, I felt so bad because somebody had suffering from torture and people, who were watching him, was having fun from the scene.I still could not belive people could be frozen and emoutionless like them and I could not understand why they were doing that. In the story there was racism, violence, nationalism, lack of justice, egoism, voyeurism. The story was telling from first person who was white and southern. The main thing ,which I was affected from it, is when narrator saw nigger's burned fingers, he said I would not eat barbeque. I think it helps to get picture about the rate of racism in that period. Even white person disgusted from the scene, It would be really disgusting and dehumanizing. After they burned the man, cyclone was appeared. I guess writer wanted to show us the picture about racism is bad and If you wanted to do that, you would be punished from god because you are only human, not god and as a humanbeing you could not decide which one is superiror than other.

1 yorum:

  1. Yes, it's hard to believe their indifference, isn't it? Fortunately, some things have changed..

    Remember that the white narrator was actually from the North; this may have given him enough distance to react with at least a tiny bit more humanity than the others in the crowd seemed to.

    YanıtlaSil