23 Mart 2010 Salı

11. I have a dream

Today, I listened again Martin Luther King Junior's speech. Suddenly I realized the speech fulfilled with emotion because when he was saying " I have a dream" sentence, people ,who were listening him, acclaimed him after his saying. I have no idea about you could get what I'm trying to say.:))I hope you could get.

Because in his speech I think If they could accept all unfair things which was happening in that period, these things could happen again, again and all over again. However, If they could not have acquiescence, they could break prejudices and they could live in better conditions even feel comfortable. His speech is the first step of these will's. He encourage people to be able get their own rights because there is nothing more or less between black and white human being in the world. Meanwhile I really do not like to say white and black men/women because It recalls me only colour names. It is bothering I guess classifying people in order to look their skin colour.

One of my classmates mentioned in her blog page. Simge supports that black men had to look like as a tough men in order to get respect in society in briefly. I totaly agree with her ideas about black men. They had bad history. They had to look like as a strong man. Violence is not a good way. As Martin Luther says in his text " Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible." Freedom depends on nonviolent resistance.

Violence is cowardly and they should look like tough guys because violence was appeared in their lives as you know. However, violence is easy way.

1 yorum:

  1. It's nice to see you're referencing Simge's blog...can you now turn her name into a hyperlink to her post? Click on the pencil icon to edit your post; highlight her name and click on the link icon, then type in the URL to her post. That way people can read Simge's post via your blog.

    Just let me know if you need help with this...

    And yes, I did understand your first sentence :)

    YanıtlaSil